Explore Danish Canadian immigration as part of the featured displays in the Saga Café. Enjoy authentic Danish cuisine served by costumed interpreters making your visit a Living History experience.
- The Saga Café is our largest exhibit space.
- Bing and Grondahl and Royal Copenhagen porcelain plates are permanently on display and border the top of the walls of the Saga Café.
- Authentic Danish cuisine served by costumed interpreters, transcends the Saga Café into a living history museum.
- A large display case and 7 display panels are redesigned each season to compliment the Museum’s major theme for the year
- Table displays, housed under glass coverings on each of the tables, are created yearly to complement the Museum’s theme of the year
- Hornung & Møller piano, manufactured by Julius Dons in 1864 – serial number 5920, is permanently on display in the Saga Café. It is played on special occasions for the enjoyment of Museum guests (ie Mother’s Day). Julius Dons was born on the farm property, in Hesselagergaard, DK on the 19th of July 1830 and died the 23rd of March 1908.